Monday, March 15, 2010

India Pictures! (Blog is coming, I promise!)

So my trip to India has been simply AMAZING so far...as it always is! It has been extra special since I've had the unique opportunity to take all my friends around India and introduce them to the food, culture, and amazing people of India! We arrived in Chennai, where Nanaiji and Nanaji met me. From there we flew to Hyd (and my friends flew to Delhi to tour Delhi and Agra), and I met up with seven of my close friends in Hyderabad! I'm so happy and proud to say that Hyderabad was by FAR their favorite city in India! I took them to Birla Mandir, Golkunda fort, Charminar, Lad Bazaar (they LOVED the glass bangles shopping), GVK One, and even my favorite restaurant for dosas - Taj Mahal! THe highlight of the day was definitely visiting the girls at Suman's Women's College. We each made a short speech emphasizing the value of education and importance of hard work and dedication. We had lunch, passed out books and snacks, and spoke with the girls for a bit. Each one of my friends was truly touched after we left the college, as I think my grandmother gave all of us a sense of purpose and hope!
We ended the day with facials, pedicures, and the spa! We had dinner late night at our place in Banjara Hills where we all stalyed up until midnight talking and talking...

Okay - my flight to Cochin is about to leave! Got to go - but I promise I will update very soon!

I LOVE INDIA!








No comments:

Post a Comment